1. The twisted bun
- Part your hair down the middle into two equal sections.
- Tie them into a knot, and secure with bobby pins.
- Twist the top section, and pin your hair as you wrap it around the knot.
- Repeat with the remaining section of hair, twisting in the opposite direction.
- Hide the ends under the bun.
- Create a pompadour by teasing a section of hair from temple to temple. Push it against your usual parting to increase lift.
- Grab small sections of hair, twist them, and lock them into place with bobby pins.
3. Half-up Dutch side braid
- Create a Dutch braid down one side of your head, and secure it with an elastic band.
- Tease your hair, starting with the hair right behind the braid and continuing all the way back to where you will be pinning.
- Take a piece of hair from the front, and drape it down to meet the braid in the back.
- Twist the two a bit, and pin into where you had teased.
4. Flat iron waves
- Spritz your hair with a heat protection spray.
- Starting at the front, take a small section of hair and clamp the flat iron at the root of the hair. Give it a half turn, and wrap it around the flat iron.
- Pull the flat iron slowly through the hair, keeping it in the same position.
- Once you are done curling all of your hair, finish by misting your waves with a light hairspray.
5. Elegant ponytail
- Brush your hair back into a sleek ponytail.
- Grab a little piece of hair from the underside of the ponytail, and wrap it around the hair tie. Secure it with a bobby pin.
If your hair is a little thin for a luscious ponytail, you can always brush it up at the roots, then take the top part and give it a little twist before putting it with the rest of your hair in a high ponytail.
6. Quick and easy updo
- Gather your hair into a ponytail.
- Pull the tail end through, and secure with a bobby pin.
7. The double ponytail
- Gather your hair into two ponytails, one above the other.
- Tease up the top section for extra volume.
8. Triple topsy tail
- Divide your hair into three sections. Create three ponytails, one on top of the other.
- Flip the tail ends up, tuck them in between your head and the elastic bands, and pull them out through the bottom.
- Tuck the top two tail ends down through the ponytails below them.
9. Super-short styling
- Dampen your hair, and apply a heat-protecting leave-in conditioner.
- Brush your hair back and dry it a little, using a nozzle on your hair dryer.
- Smooth over the top using a soft bristle brush.
- Flat iron any pieces of hair that are long enough.
- Finger-comb your hair in the opposite direction, and apply a bit of styling cream.
10. A loose side braid.
- Brush all of your hair to the side.
- Divide your hair into three sections, and start creating a simple braid. Stop before you reach the bottom of your sections of hair, and secure your braid with a rubber band.
- Gently pull the braid apart to volumize it.