- 7 oz chocolate
- 5 oz puffed grain
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 sheets of softened gelatine
- 2 1/4 cups cream cheese
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 6 regular candy bars of your choice
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie. Mix the melted chocolate with the puffed grain and spread the mixture on the bottom of a cake springform pan. Refrigerate the base until it has hardened.
- Slowly heat up the condensed milk and dissolve the gelatine into it. Then add the cream cheese, vanilla extract and condensed milk mix to a bowl. Whisk the whipping cream until stiff before folding it into the mixture.
- Add the creamy mixture on top of the hardened base and refrigerate. Once the mixture has set to a mousse, carefully remove the cake from the springform pan.
- Break up the candy bars into large pieces and place them on top of the mousse. To finish, sprinkle more puffed grain between the pieces of candy bar.
If you make this cake, all the candy bars you ate too quickly will soon be a distant memory. Be careful though — an overdose of Candy Bar Cake goodness could now be in the cards. If you happen to overindulge, there’s no need to worry: the “damage” won’t last too long and you’ll soon rediscover your appetite.
Source : scrumdiddlyumptious.com