- 1 portion of pizza dough
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 potato
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 1/2 oz fresh spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 oz mozzarella, grated
- 1 3/4 oz goats’ cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Spread out the pizza dough and cut it from the outer edge to the center to turn half into strips around 1/5 inch wide. Ideally, this will give you 24 strips. Now take every three strips and weave them into small braids.
- Cut the potato into small cubes and place them with the onion in a pan of hot oil. Add the garlic, then the spinach. Once the spinach has wilted, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Now add the mozzarella and goats’ cheese, and mix the ingredients.
- Distribute the contents of the pan evenly over the unbraided half of the dough, then roll it closed into the center. Lay the braided dough strands over the roll of dough, and then shape it into a ring. Next, coat the ring with the beaten egg. Finally, bake the whole thing at 290°F for roughly 35 minutes.
Rings don’t just look good on your fingers, but also on your plate. You have to admit that the Spinach and Potato Braided Ring is pretty easy on the eyes. And if you don’t want to eat it, you could always try wearing it — though perhaps on your wrist, not your finger!