You’ll need (for 1 portion):
- 3 eggs
- 3 oz diced ham, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Break the eggs into a re-sealable freezer bag and gently swirl them about and knead them until you have a uniform mixture. Now add all the other ingredients to the bag, season with a little salt and pepper, and then close the bag. Knead the contents one more time in order to mix in all the ingredients.
- Place the bag upright in a saucepan with boiling water. Leave the omelet like that to cook for 15 minutes.
The climax of this wonderfully simple recipe comes in getting the omelet out of the bag. Try to loosen it gently from the bottom of the bag and let it slide out, and you’re done! But there’s no reason why you shouldn’t try other tasty versions of this omelet. Let your imagination loose — there are lots of other vegetables, salami, herbs or even your favorite cheese.